Previous slide
Next slide


The 1st of each month, no later than the 17th.

The charges build up on the account.

No. Bond Madison does have a drop-down water rate so that you pay less for water after 25,000 gal used

The first $28 of your bill covers debt service. This pays the cost of constructing the mains that bring water to the rural areas.

Yes, but please indicate the estimated gallons as well as dollars on payment sheet.

The water is considered moderate 12 to 14 grains. A water softener is not necessary, though some customers prefer to use one.

Most meters are set along the property adjacent to the road, usually ten to fifteen feet inside the property line. If you are unable to locate the meter, call the office for help.

No. The property owner is responsible for connecting a service line from the meter to their home.

Rural Development, the Federal funding agency for our project, does not allow any payment for easements. We are a not for profit company. Therefore the easements must be donated by the landowner to allow the user charge to be as low as possible.

If you have a special tree that you want to save, put the request on the easement. That way we will flag the easement as a restricted easement, and will not miss the request. Unless requested the contractor will remove any small trees and brush that are in the way. Bigger trees will be removed only if absolutely necessary.

We go around them if requested on easements as a restriction. Numerous restrictions bring construction costs up which translates into higher water bills. Yards are leveled and re-seeded by the contractor after construction is complete and they are allowed to settle for several months.

The landowner will need to request the crop damage payment after the crop is harvested. Following the harvest, the landowner should submit to the Water Company the location of the field, the crop grown and the yield. The Water Company will pay the damage, not the contractor. There is a form to assist with this. If you did not receive one when signing easement, please call the office to request a copy.

The contractor is instructed to not cut fences unless absolutely necessary.

As close as possible to the right of way line, in most cases, not farther than 15 feet from the right of way line.

No. That can damage the line and make leaks undetectable.

No. Everyone must pay the tap on fee to provide the Water Company funds for start-up costs. The construction tap fee is very reasonable and actually does not cover the cost of installing the meter.

The experience of the Water Company has shown no long term damage. Signs of trenching disappear within the first year.

The Water Company will utilize a permit from the state, county or township to place the main in the right of way. If there is not enough of room in the right of way to construct the main, the line would have to be dropped from the project or relocated. If you do refuse to sign easement, the water company will be unable to provide you with water service.

Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top